Who We Are
A community of music lovers and musicians, the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee has promoted classical music in the Milwaukee area since 1909.
- The MacDowell Club Mission - To further musical interests in Milwaukee, provide performing opportunities for professional and amateur musicians, and acquaint the general public with the number and excellence of local artists.
- The Club's public concerts provide performing members with a host of outlets for their talents as well as delighting local music lovers. All concerts are free.
- Occasional outreach programs and house concerts provide additional opportunities for members to explore music together.
- The Club also fosters the development of young talent through competitions for emerging professional instrumentalists, organists, pianists, singers and composers.
- The Club publishes an annual Yearbook and Membership Directory and sends members notifications of its upcoming concerts.
- The Club relies on modest annual dues, augmented by contributions, to cover its basic administrative and concert production expenses. Run entirely by member volunteers, the vast majority of the Club's budget goes to support musical activities and competition prizes.
- Performing members share their talent with each other and are encouraged to become involved, interact with other members.
Visit our events for upcoming concerts and events.
Get involved! All are welcome to join and support our activities.
The MacDowell Club of Milwaukee gratefully acknowledges assistance received in 2009 from the Argosy Foundation for Contemporary Music Fund in support of our Young Composer and Music Marathon Competitions.
Peruse this site for Club performance opportunities and scholarship competitions.